• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Intrument Panel Trim Mod on 140B

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snoho3

Reaction score
Folks,

I've been reading this forum for awhile now and have even posted once or twice. It is an invaluable resource for newer cherokee owners like myself. Thanks.

I have an issue that I'd appreciate some feedback on - When the previous owner of my Cherokee bought the plane a few years back, the plastic instrument panel was old and cracked. He replaced it with a very nice hand made oak vaneer panel. Looks great, but the rework was never documented. When the last annual was done the A&P indicated it wasn't strictly legal and that it might be a problem the next time around. The issue is flammability apparently, or at least that is the only issue that has been vocalized. I want to keep the oak vaneer installed - how can I do this? HAs anyone ever had any similar problem?

I have a bottle of "Inspecta-Shield" fire retardant coating. The maker claims that when properly applied to wood (and other materials) that FAA horzontal and vertical burn requriements are met. It is easy to install, but I would have no paperwork saying I had done so...

Any suggestions? I'd hate to have to revert back to the old panel!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Latest posts

Back