• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Interior Seat Vinyl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unipres

Reaction score
Could someone shed some light on flame requirements for interior vinyl upholstery?

What are the actual requirements and relative FAR's? I'd like to have my local upholstery shop do some seats and interior panels. While I want to comply with the law, I don't want to spend 3x for likely the same material for no reason. I also suspect that anything approved for auto use would have some fire requirements. I'm a bit of a DIY'er want to do my homework and not just throw money at it out of fear.

Any thoughts and resources greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Back