• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Instrument panel lighting for sale

frtrkap

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

For sale is a complete set of 67418-00 holders with bulbs (unsure if bulbs work), as removed. I bought the set to install in my 140 but decided to go a different route.

50$ plus shipping, located in Montreal, QC, Canada.

IMG_0199.jpeg IMG_0200.jpeg

Tweety

Reaction score
Have a good look at the bulb socket close-up. They are the same bayonet-bulb sockets used from the 30's on in tube radios. The only thing that holds them in place on the instrument panel are the two little wings with tiny tabs. And you have to push in a little to disengage the bulb so you can rotate it a little to remove the bulb. The contact for the bulb is a blob of solder spring-loaded to the base of the bulb. And the design is such that the bulb envelop fills most of the hole that the socket is installed in. Always secure the socket with something like a hemostat gripping one of the tabs when you try to change the bulb, or else you will be fishing for an errant socket behind the panel. I speak from experience.

Tweety

Reaction score
Also, as has been noted here, there are two kinds of dimmer circuits, and in one the bulb socket is isolated from ground. Don't let the socket touch the inside of the panel hole.