• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Installed some headset holding straps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was tried of having my headsets dangling all messy either looped over the yoke or set up on the glare shield. I started keeping the front sets under the instrument panel and was thinking about installing a hook or something to support them when not in use. I then saw this on aircraft spruce Universal Aviation Headset Hanger | Aircraft Spruce and thought to myself... I could make that.

20220423_164908.jpg20220423_164924.jpg20220423_164929.jpg
On the left side I mounted it with a screw that reinforced the side pocket. It just uses fabric snaps to hold it nice and out of the way until I'm ready to put it on. It can also stay plugged in all the time.

20220423_164849.jpg20220423_164834.jpg
On the right side, I mounted it to the bottom of the instrument panel. Its up and out of the way as I or my first officer climb in, and I can keep it neat and tidy if I'm flying solo.

They were easy to make and install. And there is the product for those interested. Figured the people here would be interested.

Latest posts

Back