• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Inspection port installation....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killrocks

Reaction score
My IA and I are helping a buddy of mine on his airplane. He's got a wing walk rib with a small crack. My IA wants to install a doubler. The problem is, it is going to be very hard to reach a few of those rivets with a bucking bar via the existing inspection hole. I'm looking through the AC43 book right now, but I also wanted to see if the PF hive has any advice.......can we install an inspection plate in the bottom of the wing, in any open area of the wing skin that doesn't interfere with any other structure? I see you can do a patch most anyplace, but I haven't found anywhere in the AC43 that outlines installation of extra inspection plates.......

Latest posts

Back