• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Info Request STC SA489EA - ARP Inc. Carb Ice Detection System

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avidflyer2

Reaction score
RE: STC SA489EA

Does anyone have a Aircraft & Rotorcraft Products (ARP) Inc. Carburetor Ice Detection System installed in their airplane?

I am looking for the STC title page - The FAA doesn't have the STC title page on their website and I have called the New York Aircraft Certification Office numerous times - they won't return my calls! I think the STC may have been abandoned by the STC Holder: ARP Inc. The STC Holder's address is shown as 2 Middle Cross Road, Shoreham, NY 11786-1440. That address is no longer valid for ARP Inc.

I have the installation instructions for this STC but without the title page and perhaps a permission letter I cannot submit an FAA Form 337 Major Alteration for the installation. The installation instructions have the STC number printed at the top of each page making it difficult to get a field approval for the major alteration.

I've contacted the local FSDO and they're sympathetic but not very helpful just yet. They too have problems getting the ACO to cooperate and return phone calls. I guess I'll have to pester the crap out of the NY ACO until they return my calls. If I can only get the ACO's Records Manager to either tell me the STC has been abandoned, or whether it is still valid as far as they are concerned I'll be able to do something without having to remove the system from my airplane. Meanwhile I'm trying to gather as much info as possible.

Latest posts

Back