• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

In 2021 I am Thankful For:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The freedom to fly above it all. I am CEO of a couple of hospitals here in Calunicornia. In 20+ months I have seen
Our Nation under extremis from external and internal forces. I think we will make it through - we did in 1865, but there probably will be some fundamental changes.

however, when I climb in my bird and start her up, when she finally lifts off terra-firma into the wild blue - she obeys the fixed and unchanging laws of nature. There is no social unrest in a flying Cherokee, no racism, no violence (outside of the cylinders), no fake news, no biased News reporting. Everything is real and is the truth and it is the pure essence of freedom. But I know that freedom is not without significant responsibility. This freedom and the individual right to fly is balanced by the responsibility to the collective of General Aviation, and the
Laws of science, maintenance, and the FAA. I gladly and willingly bear this responsibility with pride, understanding that it is what we do as real citizens.

it could be said that our flying is an analogy for our Citizenship in the United States.

I am thankful for my freedom and Liberty to fly, for General Aviation, my A&P/IA, Instructors, the FAA, and this cool forum.
Happy Thanksgiving, Aviators!

Latest posts

Back