• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

I just closed on my 1983 Turbo Toga, time for new Avionics s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

83Saratoga

Reaction score
I just bought my third aircraft, a 1983 Piper Turbo Saratoga. It came with a 430 non waas, KX155 non glideslope, ADF(nice new anchor for my boat), older audio panel, older transponder, KFC 200. So I have decided to redo the panel as well as put in a new metal panel. What I am planning on putting in is as follows:
GTN 750
Aspen 1000 pro with AE100 auto pilot interface and altitude Preselect
GDL 88
PMA 8000B audio panel
Flight Stream 210
Garmin 696 panel mounted with XM weather and connected to the 750
327 Transponder
JPI 900 and get rid of the old analog gauges
I am only leaving in the KX155 that I will shortly update with the glideslope board to give me dual glideslopes and the KFC 200 autopilot
I would be trading in an ADF, King audio panel, king digital transponder, King HSI, the 430, and the original King flight director artifical horizon. If someone has a suggestion , please let me know. Also would be interested to see what kind of cost that you think would be associated with an upgrade like this. It would be nice to know if the price I have been quoted is a fair price.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back