• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

How's the Navajo for passengers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christian Lauterbach

Reaction score
I've been flying my Cherokee Six for a while, but my wife has never been fully comfortable, and ever since a bumpy flight my wife is no longer willing to come flying in a small plane due to anxiety. She's fine in the airlines, though. We've got 2 kids and 2 larger dogs, which all in general still would fit fine into the aerial minivan and have flown around the west coast with me, no problems there.

I've been lucky enough that I could swing the upkeep on a short-body Navajo. Based on what I've read, I figure about $40k/yr for flying 100 hours, excluding hangar and probably a bunch of extra $$$ for first annual and first year insurance, and it seems a bit more maintenance and upkeep friendly than the pressurized cabin class alternatives (Cessna 400s, Aerostar).

I'm wondering: How do passengers like it? It should be roomy enough that it doesn't feel like a "small" plane any more I hope? How's the ride in turbulence? I'd look around for a charter Navajo and put the family in, but so far I haven't found any place actually operating one in California.

Any feedback would be very helpful!

Latest posts

Back