• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

How to Use a Fire Extinguisher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H3R

Sponsor
Reaction score
What happens if you have a fire? Grab your extinguisher and P.A.S.S.
1. Pull the pin.
2. Aim at the base of the fire.
3. Squeeze the handles together WHILE
4. Sweeping from side to side

Our A344T - 1.25 lb. Halon 1211 Fire Extinguisher is most commonly used in a Piper.

Attachments

• PASS.png
    PASS.png
    399.7 KB · Views: 6
Or you can do what I saw bored sailors do on long mid-watch...use a CO2 extinguisher as a rocket to shoot one sitting on an office chair across the deck. The bosun's mate did not approve.

Or you can do what I saw bored sailors do on long mid-watch...use a CO2 extinguisher as a rocket to shoot one sitting on an office chair across the deck. The bosun's mate did not approve.
Former fireman. We used to pull the apparatus‘ out of the bay and have races with out of date extinguishers. I never won but I placed a few times.

When I worked for the government this was the only way to get them to replace extinguishers.

When I was in Vietnam it was the only way to get a cold beer.

Not the only way. I love this story from a friend of mine who served in Vietnam.

He was with group of soldiers that had a case of warm beer at an airbase in Vietnam and a jet pilot heard the guys grumpling about their warm beer. He told the guys to put beer in his jet nose cone compartment. He fired up the jet and flew to altitude and came back 20 minutes later. Nice ice cold beer :)

Not the only way. I love this story from a friend of mine who served in Vietnam.

He was with group of soldiers that had a case of warm beer at an airbase in Vietnam and a jet pilot heard the guys grumpling about their warm beer. He told the guys to put beer in his jet nose cone compartment. He fired up the jet and flew to altitude and came back 20 minutes later. Nice ice cold beer :)

There have been a couple of recipes for Drop-tank Ice Cream too. Requires the pilot to do an active bit of aerobatics to slosh the cream around the baffles right.

Latest posts

Back