• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

How to Buy an Airplane in 2020?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, new member here and a 29 year lapsed pilot! At the age of 65 I now have the time and the money to get back into flying! So, after a couple of "discovery" flights to make sure that this is indeed something I wanted to follow through with I decided to buy an airplane to finish knocking off the accumulated rust. So....

HOW THE HECK DO YOU BUY AN AIRPLANE NOWADAYS????? I've tried to jump on several Piper deals (focused on a Cherokee 180D or E, Cherokee 140/160, Piper Warrior, mid time or better engines, nicer interiors, OK paint, less than 10,000 hours airframe. So, probably that describes what a lot of pilots are looking for.

Its getting frustrating that I'm never first in line on a plane. By the time I see the ad on Trade-a-Plane, Hanger 67, Controller or Barnstormers, its already under contract.

Maybe I need to: A: be more patient and keep plugging away or B: break down and pay a buyers agent?

I can't believe how many folks out there are snapping up 50 year old aircraft.

I'm even looking at finding a bit of a dog (good mechanicals) needing paint and interior at a good price and sprucing it up.

Anyway, anything I'm missing. Apparently boats, swimming pools, RV's and airplanes have gotten hugely in demand.

Latest posts

Back