• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

How hard is a hard landing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So a couple weeks ago when my door opened and banged up my plane I had the worst landing I’ve ever had in my Comanche 400.

Note that this was my first solo in the plane after being endorsed for complex and high performance.

Anyway I’ve had plenty of landings and I’m used to flaring a bit early and flopping but this was a bit worse. This time I probably flared too early but caught a little too much altitude. When I did flop I could feel that I fully depressed the front strut. Im trying to assess if there is something I need to look for. I wouldn’t say it was teeth breaking but trying to get an idea of just how much the gear can take.

Latest posts

Back