• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

How do you stall a Cherokee on final?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bartmc

Reaction score
In Illinois a 1963 PA28 180B stalled 30' above the rwy and crashed, I believe it was a student pilot on his first solo mission. I go up and practice approach configuration stalls in 00W and I really have to mentally fight with myself and do a lot of unnatural things to get it to stall and even then, 00W is fighting back and giving me all sorts of clues. I know the classic stall spin is over shoot base to final then try to drive it back with rudder. but I mean don't you really have to not be paying attention to do this or is there something about final approach that is different from stalling at 2500' AGL. Im not trying to criticize the pilot, it was a student and he banged himself up pretty good. It just seems to me that before stalling on final you'd really have to ignore a lot or either be very distracted to not notice a stall light flashing, ASI heading south and the buffeting. So, I guess more so, what Im asking is, how do pilots go about getting themselves into this situation, is it easier than I think? My girfriend says I'm anal and overly cautious, I really wouldn't want to be any other way :)

Latest posts

Back