• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Holes in the leading edge on Hershey bar wing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geneseo1911

Reaction score
Working on buying a '76 Lance

When I was looking at it, I noticed open holes on the leading edge that look like rivet or screw holes. I didn't think much about it at the time, but in hindsight it strikes me as a bit odd. Is that a 'thing' on hershey bar wing PA28/32's? All my experience is on tapered wing PA28s, and I don't think I've ever seen that before. I don't recall noticing them on the Six I looked at, but i wasn't looking for them. Or maybe it's just a Lance thing?

I looked at every picture i could find online of HB wing planes on the internet and couldn't see the same holes, but there's just not a lot of high res pictures of leading edges online. I didn't think to take a picture specifically of them when i was there.

I also looked up fuel tanks at Texas Air Salvage, and it does look they have holes in that spot.

It goes on for a pre-buy on Thursday, and I mentioned it in my email to the shop manager, but it's driving me nuts. I'm hoping he emails me back in the morning and tells me that I'm an idiot and they're normal.

I'll attach the best picture I have of it. They're in the skins of the fuel tanks right on top of the ribs.

InkedSMDSC04445 (1)_LI.jpg

ETA: That picture is essentially worthless. Sorry.

Latest posts

Back