• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

His mechanic does not know?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My friend called me with a problem …..His aircraft is powered by an 0-200 continental ….in cruise it starts to run rough? but then stops and smooths out….It is doing this more and more he said…..The aircraft is mint and the engine is low time…..

My questions covered plugs about 50 hours ….recent annual everything checked out ? running 100LL ……

Hmmm I haven t had a chance to check his claims but it looks like the start of a possible stuck valve situation…

He uses no additives in the oil which is 20/50 phillips and nothing used in the fuel like Marvel Mystery oil……

I suggested he put Camguard in the oil and MM is the fuel…..

Any thoughts

Thanks ,,,,,,,

Latest posts

Back