• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Help with the Value of my 1978 Archer II, getting ready to sell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregplatt

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have loved my piper archer but i'm getting ready to upgrade planes now and i'm getting my plane ready to sell. I don't think I'm going to use a broker so i'm wondering if i can get peoples opinions of what it's worth for a selling price.

1978 Piper Archer II (taper wing 180hp)
TTAF: 10800
TSMOH: 1981
General Condition
Overall this plane is in great shape, i do anything that's available to do for maintenance. The plane spent some time as a trainer in the middle of it's life and was corporate owned at one time. I purchased it originally to get my PPL and build some time.
Interior is new as of 2018 full genuine leather with new plastics, carpet, side panels, lots of time spent to make it really clean inside.
Newer windshield, side glass
New tires, brakes etc..
All ad's complied, upgraded oil lines etc...
Upgraded front seat belts to am safe shoulder belts that retract 2016
lightweight starter, alternator
Full electric non vacuum setup
Aspen 1000
RC Allen digital display
EI cgr 30-p engine monitor
IFR panel, a little dated but ok, newer ICom radio, apollo gx50 gps, nav com
406 dual frequency elt new 2018

Exterior
Probably 5/10 for paint, it's been repainted in the 90's and touched up as needed, serviceable.
Includes a full set of wheel pants not installed

Highlights
- Pilot and Co-Pilot full articulating seats
- Right at 1000lbs useful load
- Really nice interior
- Lots and lots of Logs and records!
- No vacuum issues, semi glass panel
- No corrosion, originally sold on the west coast and spent most of it's time in dry climate including AZ. I've hangered it since I've owned it and the previous owner did the same.

I'll get some photos soon, really a great little plane. I'm going to something larger and a little more power. I'm 6'8" tall and i fit pretty well in this plane, this was a real issue for me and surprisingly this is a comfortable plane for bigger guys.

I'm just looking for what people think it's worth, i don't have a subscription to Vref, but maybe i should get one. Seem like planes are up in value as of lately

Thanks
Greg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back