• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Help with panel priorities

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morgan3820

Reaction score
This is the current panel on my new Arrow II. I have a few AMUs left after the purchase to make some improvements. I am IFR rated but not a frequent user yet. To start, everything works for now. The autopilot is single axis but again appears to hold a DG course. I have already changed out the Garmin audio panel with a PSE 8000BT. And I have acquired a used KX 125 Nav/com with the intent of replacing the Garmin XL 250. The KN 53 under the XL250 is going as is the ADF. Also, I intend to keep the DME as it works fine. Originally, I was intent on swapping out the GNS 430 with an Avidyne IFD440 but have been having second thoughts. While it gives WAAS capability and has a way better u/i, the autopilot cannot make use of it. Plus the upgrade cost at 7 AMUs would use up my budget. I am on the avionics' shop schedule in Dec. to have a GDL 82 ADS-B out installed. I do not have a big need as I am kinda rural, not many class C or B's around, but I do like the traffic info and I have a rebate reservation number...$500 is $500. The new cheaper autopilots are soon to be STC'd for the PA28 if what it being printed is true. This would give me two axis control coupled to the GNS 430. No LPV but still nice. I also fancy an Electronics International CGR-30P. This would be very handy. The fuel totalizer function would be a big help with managing the Arrow II's smaller fuel tanks as would be the EGT/CHT bar graph. Postponing the GDL 82 would get me real close to the price of the CGR-30P, but I will need ABS-B out someday and the rebate window expires in a couple of months. There are some other improvements that come to mind. Some of the interior plastic needs replacement. I would love to change to a different tail number. Surefly is supposed to get their electronic ignition STC'd by this January. Maybe a Skytek starter. Or I could go buy some avgas and accumulate hours.

What would you do?

100_4677.jpg

Latest posts

Back