• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Help! Need a nose gear retract cylinder!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all.

I have a '79 Arrow IV (non-turbo). My nose gear actuator (retract cylinder) has cracked at the hydraulic fitting and I am having one hell of a time finding any salvage/used units to replace it and a new one is over $4000! My plane is grounded until I can fix this.

The part number is 35797-03 or 455-997 or 11-16. This is the same actuator as the Arrow III (non-turbo) but is different from the Arrow I,II, and both of the turbo models (according to the parts catalogs). I have called every damn salvage company I can find. No one has them available.

I am really hopeful someone has one on hand or knows of someone that has one. I would be very happy to pay a reasonable price. PM me with any thoughts and thanks in advance!

-Giff

Latest posts

Back