• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Hello from Houston Area!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey! My names Chris, I'm a 30 year old private pilot student training out of KDWH just north of Houston. I train in a 1969 PA-28-141, with much of it's original charm still in tact, with maybe some minor upgrades in the 80's. I'm part of a flight club, and am training with an instructor rather than going through a school. I've passed my written and medical and am looking forward to my first solo soon! Just waiting for schedules and weather to align. Planning on finishing my requirements in the first half of this year provided the plane stays in service (annual is this month).

Long term, I'm looking to buy an airplane. Either a Piper Warrior II/III (or a Warrior with the HP increase) on my own or if I can find the right partnership(s) I'd like to get my hands on a Cherokee 6 300 (like I'm sure many would). So, if you're in the area and are looking for a partner, hit me up. I could be talked into a variety of partnerships probably, so if you're local and looking please PM me and we'll exchange contact info. I'm a big nerd, and intend on spending some cash on avionics. So if you drool over new avionics like I do, we'd be a good match. Worst case scenario, would be fun to have more local friends who are pilots.

Excited to be a part of this community, and learn more about the planes that I hope to take my family in someday soon.

Latest posts

Back