• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Heil coil spark plug threads A&P advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevill8415

Nevill
Reaction score
Doing annual on My 73 Cherokee 6 260. Pulled plugs for compression check And #3 bottom plug comes out with a surprise, Heilcoil. Having owned the plane 8+ years never noticed the repair. Then noticed it had been leaking exhaust around it. I’m confident that it was leaking a very short time as I checked the engine often for leaks as it had leaking exhaust gaskets when I purchased the plane .
Researching repair I find Lycoming has approved Heilcoil that are oversized and serrated. The inserts are very reasonable priced but the installation tools are over $1800 for the kit.
Anybody rent tools or some ideas on repair, Thanks in advance

Latest posts

Back