• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Heated pitot

RamseyT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for a heated pitot for a ‘66 140.

Ray93J

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A used one may have bad heater elements that require replacement, there are two heaters. Many of the non heated pilots are drilled for heaters. So, if you find one of these heater elements are easy to install.

RamseyT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I’ll check my existing pitot to see if it is drilled for elements. That would be great!

biggblukat

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just replaced mine in my '64 PA8-140. I did not take original out first, my original was not drilled so wouldn't have helped. I bought a used pitot/static from Texas Salvage for somewhere around $200 that had one element bad and other good. I think the element was around $100 shipped and fairly easy to install.

MY IA and I installed the pitot prior to my last Pitot/static check last fall and we just did the install and paperwork, requiring a switch, breaker, and wire for test during annual. I've flown the plane only once since everything hooked up, but works well. Had the fuel tanks out to do the latest AD's and ran plastic conduit through wings to run the wires to it. Don't leave it on long to test without flying, it will nearly burn your hand as it heats up and burn up the elements if left on.

Latest posts