• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Headliner screw/washer rust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesertNomad

Reaction score
On my Dakota, I am seeing a bit of surface rust on some of the washers on the screws that are in the plastic headliner piece (the part with the cabin light). There is no rust on the screws themselves, only the washers. Has anyone else seen this?

I guess I need to replace these. As far as I know there are no leaks in my cabin - at least I have never seen any.

The airplane is hangared in Nevada but spent a couple months in the Portland, OR area getting maintenance done (it was hangared there too).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back