• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Has anyone installed a Garmin GDL-82 ads-b out in their PA28?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morgan3820

Reaction score
I am still hashing around my options. I have liked the GTX 335 idea but is around $4000 installed. If I install the GDL82 myself, I could save $2000.
I had a nice, high serial number GTX 327 installed when I bought the plane. If I go with the GTX335, I basically throw that money away. This would make me sad. Plus, if the GTX 327 goes bad, I can just go get another used unit and swap it out. None of the Garmin return mess.
Aircraft Spruce offers custom harnesses made for the-82 and coax assemblies so I don't need to buy any special crimpers. Garmin has a series of install videos on you tube. I am handy but have not done anything under the panel. I have an AI that will sign off/help. There are already two Garmin GPS antennas on the top of the aircraft, one being an unused leftover. I am just looking for any lessons learned from someone who has done this.

Did I mention that I could save $2000?

Latest posts

Back