• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Hangar Clean Out Sell

kan1911

Reaction score
Cleaning up my hangar and I have found some items that I will no longer be using on my new plane. These items were used on my Piper Warrior.

• Piper PA28 Tow Bar 33". Still Brand New in box from Sporty's. Paid $69.95, not including tax and shipping. Make me a reasonable offer. SOLD
  • Piper Heavy Duty Blade Style Pitot Tube Cover. Still Brand New from Sporty's. Paid $24.95, not including tax or shipping. Make me a reasonable offer. SOLD
  • Aeroshell 15W-50, I have 3 quarts. All three for $20. NOT LONGER FOR SELL

Attachments

Last edited:

Leigh

Reaction score
Wow! A 33' long tow bar. Did you mean 33"?

Just curious why the oil doesn't "fit" your new plane?

kan1911

Reaction score
Wow! A 33' long tow bar. Did you mean 33"?

Just curious why the oil doesn't "fit" your new plane?
Lol. Why have 33" when you could have 33'? I could use the same oil, but I went from a Lycoming to a Continental that has been using Phillips 20W-50.

cathead

Reaction score
I will take the pitot tube cover. How do ya want paid?

Leigh

Reaction score
Lol. Why have 33" when you could have 33'? I could use the same oil, but I went from a Lycoming to a Continental that has been using Phillips 20W-50.
My understanding has always been that all the aviation oils are ok to mix and match with each other, and certainly mixing two different brands of multi-grade shouldn't be an issue. Does anyone here have contrary info?

kan1911

Reaction score
My understanding has always been that all the aviation oils are ok to mix and match with each other, and certainly mixing two different brands of multi-grade shouldn't be an issue. Does anyone here have contrary info?
Just did some research, and it appears that you are right...mixing aviation oils does not appear to be a problem.