• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

H3R Aviation - Here to Help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My question was how much he is selling his products for? Amazon, ebay are wonderful places that show their prices on merchandise for sale.
Nope, you asked if there were sales or discounts, not the price 😂😂😂😂😂😂 I’m with Orest on that one…👍

Is it safe to use a halon fire extinguisher in a small Piper cockpit during flight?

Great question! Halons are low-toxicity, chemically stable compounds that have been used for fire and explosion protection from early in the last century. Halon has proven to be an extremely effective fire suppressant. Halon is clean (i.e., leaves no residue) and is remarkably safe for human exposure. Halon is a highly effective agent for firefighting in closed passenger carrying areas. Due to its effectiveness and relatively low toxicity, the FAA continues to recommend or require Halon extinguishers for use on commercial aircraft.

Extensive toxicity evaluations have been compiled by nationally recognized United States medical laboratories and institutions on Halon 1301 (used in fire suppression systems) and Halon 1211 (used in portable fire extinguishers)These evaluations have shown that Halon 1301 is the safest extinguishing agent available, and that Halon 1211 is the second safest.

Additionally, AC 120-80A is a good resource. It states, "As a general rule, halon fire extinguishers are your best choice, since halon is classified as a multipurpose (Class A, B, & C fires) agent."

Thanks!

H3R Aviation is excited to announce our sponsorship of Piper Forum! If you fly a Piper, it’s likely you likely own one of our extinguishers. We’re here to answer any questions about selecting a fire extinguisher or fire extinguisher use and maintenance. View our products here: Aircraft Fire Extinguishers | H3R Aviation

Can we return our extinguishers to you for maintenance? Hydrostatic, etc?
Thanks!

Can we return our extinguishers to you for maintenance? Hydrostatic, etc?
Thanks!
We do not perform maintenance but if you'd like to send us an email or private message with your address, we can help to find someone in your area. You can email [email protected].
Thanks!

What is the reason that Haloton extinguishers are not offered in the 1.25 lb size that the Halon 1211 are?

What is the reason that Haloton extinguishers are not offered in the 1.25 lb size that the Halon 1211 are?
Halotron 1 is not as effective lb. for lb. as Halon 1211. The lowest UL rating recommended for aviation use is 2B:C. The 2.5 lb. Halotron 1 extinguisher that we offer is 2B:C rated.

I have an elderly automatic 1211 extinguisher mounted in a safe dry location. No issues, full on the gage, structurally and cosmetically in perfect condition. No one locally can (or will ) check/test it. Is there an age limit when it should be discarded?

I have my other dry extinguishers serviced yearly. Wondering about if a hydrostat test is needed?

Cap

I have an elderly automatic 1211 extinguisher mounted in a safe dry location. No issues, full on the gage, structurally and cosmetically in perfect condition. No one locally can (or will ) check/test it. Is there an age limit when it should be discarded?

I have my other dry extinguishers serviced yearly. Wondering about if a hydrostat test is needed?

Cap
Cap,

It's hard to say what is required for the automatic system (we don't offer them). It does likely require maintenance and regular intervals. If you can find the manufacture information on the system, they might have some more information for you.

Typically, rechargeable extinguishers require 6 year maintenance and a 12 year hydrostatic test.

Let us know if you have further questions!

Latest posts

Back