• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Gust Of Wind Broke My Door Slide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had just gotten in the plane and slid over to the left seat when a huge gust of wind caught my door, flew it forward and it slammed against the cowl. I got out to make sure there was no damage to the door or cowl and inspected the slide…the end of it sheared completely off. I’m assuming it’s designed to break first instead of damaging the door? Thankfully there wasn’t any other damage since I was 250 miles away from home. Any ideas where I can find another one of these?

56E32A9B-72F2-49BA-942C-B96D272FA29C.jpeg

Latest posts

Back