• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Guess who has a 2500 hour Arrow that failed the eddy current inspection???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody218

Certified Wing Nut!
Reaction score
I do! Right wing has a crack in one of the lower spar holes. My aircraft has just a shade over 2500 hours, no damage history, no hard landings, no 100 hour inspections, it has babied for its entire existence. I had the inspection done because I just wanted to make sure that all was well with those spars.

This just proves that all the blather about "factored hours" really doesn't mean anything. I will bet money that when the FAA compiles more data, every PA28 is going to have to have a mandatory eddy current inspection, regardless of airframe hours, with recurring inspections every XXX number of hours.

The time frame to ship my wing off to get it rebuilt and get it back to my local shop is...four to five months! Airframe Components says Piper cannot produce enough spars in a timely manner to meet the current demand.

Latest posts

Back