• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

GTN 650 Software Update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I finally found time to get my GTN 650 software updated. I had missed the last update so was well behind. Had a chance to get in the are for about 2 hours today with an LPV approach into Greenville and then a visual approach back home. I love that you can now set an altitude on any leg you are assigned and get vertical guidance down to that altitude. When approaching an airport you get an icon to select a visual approach to any runway and then receive vertical guidance to the runway. I know this last software update has been out for a little while but I just got it. Love the new keyboard as well, it is now a full keyboard instead of that sliding thing that was there before.

Love the new features and can’t wait to explore them further.

Latest posts

Back