• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Ground Responding with Standby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkB

Reaction score
Yesterday I had to fly into a class C airport for some avionics work. When it was time to leave, I called ground and they responded with "Standby". I waited about five minutes, then tried again and they gave me the particulars to taxi. Do you think they forgot about me? Was five minutes a reasonable amount of time to wait? Did I wait too long. Had a line guy standing in front of the plane to marshal me out the whole time looking irritated.

Things went pretty smoothly after that except that they had me hold short of the runway at the end and kept releasing other planes to depart at a taxiway just before the full length. I was thinking maybe because I called them back after I was told to standby. Ended up being about 20 minutes from startup to departure.

Latest posts

Back