• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Got the “Button”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got back to the Avionics shop this week and got my Button installed. Smart Glide.

G5 was replaced under the Garmin battery problem, all software updates done, and everything is fully functional! Had to wait for the final approval on January 7 for the G3X.
There are 4 different ways to activate Smart Glide. Button, G3X menu, 750xi Menu, or holding the Direct to button for 3 seconds.

Called the FAA and asked about testing the Smart Glide and squawking 7700. I know you do not have to use that part of it, but would like to test it in its entirety. We are scheduling a time to do this in or near my home Class Delta. I’ll report back.

Anyone try theirs yet?

Dave
05652CCC-7152-481E-9AE4-D7EFD0BE8742.jpeg
BCFAE8A5-6425-487F-BBF8-69F68E4331AC.jpeg

Latest posts

Back