• Become a Subscribing Member today!

PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots with over 1,500+ active members.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• Swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts.
    • We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more.
    • In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Become a Subscribing Member and access PiperForum.com in full!

Subscribe Now

Go around / Just kidding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenbaron

Reaction score
Did you guys see this? I don't have the link handy right now of the ATC recording, but I did listen to it, and it just really pisses me off. What do you think?

Delta Flight 630 from Detroit changed course Wednesday afternoon after a controller told the pilot not to complete the landing and then said he was only kidding, NBC’s Atlanta affiliate reported.

The plane was landing at Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport and was just 1,000 feet above the ground at the time, WXIA-TV said Saturday.

The pilot diverted the plane after the controller told him, “630, go around,” the station said, citing the radio traffic from the tower.

Seconds later the controller canceled that order.

“I’m kidding, Delta 630,” the controller told the pilot. “After you land, I’ve got no one behind you. Expect to exit right. Delta 630 you’re clear to land on (runway) 27-Left.”

WXIA said the radio traffic shows the pilot responded that it was too late. He was clearly annoyed, the station said.

“You sent us around,” the pilot informed the controller. “Delta 630 is on the go.”

Latest posts

Back