• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

GNX375 First Impressions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally got my 235 out of annual and had a chance to fly with the GNX 375 for the first time.

I trained in a Archer that had a GTN 750. The 375 feels like the 750 since the interface/icons/navigation is the same. It's just a smaller version.

The map is easy to read and I found that, at a glance, I can get a good deal of where I'm at and what's around me. I had a Cozy overtake me 1500' below and dead on my tail. With the ADS-B I saw him coming up. If it were me I would have passed on the right but he decide to fly right on my course. Not sure if he saw me so I shifted left. While not a dangerous situation, it was just interesting that you can spot things at a glance.

The customizable user fields is a good feature. I'm going to play with the settings and see what's most useful. I'm starting with Track, Desired Track, GLS altitude, and Ground speed. Let me know if you have a favorite set you use on your Garmin models.

One thing that I didn't know was how it was going to work with ForeFlight. Turns out, it was very easy. Connected my iPad mini via Bluetooth and opened up Foreflight. I had put in a simple flight plan into the 375 and it was automatically on Foreflight. About half way through my flight I did a direct to VCB on the 375 and Foreflight pops up with a message that the flight had changed. Today I was wondering if it worked the other way so I loaded a flight plan into ForeFlight and went out to the hangar. Sure enough, I could load the plan directly into the 375. This means I can still do all of my planning on ForeFlight and not have to manually enter it into the 375. Great news!

I'm glad that I ended up deciding to upgrade. Not too surprising since I dumped a lot of money on it :)

Latest posts

Back