• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

GNS 430/530 -- yet another database thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lkinser

Reaction score
I'm the proud new owner of an Archer II that has a 530 / 430 combo and since this is my first time owning, this is also my first time having to deal with database updates. I've read a few threads on here about the process and the options between Garmin and Jeppesen, but I've seen some conflicting information and post dates that make me wonder what may have changed in recent years.

From what I can tell on current product pages, both Garmin and Jepp provide Nav Data, Obstacle, and Terrain info these days. So what's the functional difference from a usage perspective? I certainly see a difference on FAA vs Jepp charts in Foreflight, but is there any real difference on the GNS units or just a different provider?

Latest posts

Back