• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

GNC 355/GI 206B

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warrior 151

Reaction score
Looking at GNC 355 with GI 206B and PS engineering audio panel to install into our PA-28-151 for basic IFR training and capability.

I remember reading that someone has that setup in their PA-28 on here and looking for feedback.
Avionics shop believes that that it will couple to the old Autoflight II as per the Garmin paperwork but was wondering if anyone has tried to switch a modern GPS with VOR/LOC with an old legacy autopilot so that it can track one or the other as required.

Currently have a new MX 170C Nav/Com with VOR/LOC coupled to the Auotoflite II and a panel mounted VFR Aera 500 GPS, ADF was U/S and removed. The GNC 355 will give us IFR capability in Canada with the ability to do GPS/ VOR and LOC approaches and second COMM radio.
We are not looking at doing a glass upgrade as this will be used for my son to get his IR and me to use for a 210 nm route to visit family and not sure if this is the forever airplane....

Looking for feedback on those who have used the 355/175/375 series for IFR, I know it’s small but when civil GPS came out in the 90s I used a KLN89/90 series with all round dials and got around fine, he’s got good eyesight and I use “cheaters”.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back