• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Gliding, Props, and Arithmetic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Attached is an article Peter Garrison sent me copy of some time back. It was the result of a conversation I had with him regarding the effect stopping the prop had on gliding distance and why it worked for some planes but not others.

Over the years I have pinged Peter, and folks like him, when I'm having trouble getting my head around something. It has always amazed me how most folks will willingly donate their time to share their knowledge with a total stranger that email or calls out of the blue; so much of what I have learned has simply come from the generosity of others. A recent thread regarding a C310 that crashed in Las Vegas jogged my memory of Peter's discussion, I figured I would share it here for those interested in such stuff.

Jeff

Attachments

• Gliding, Props and Arithmetic - Peter Garrison (1).doc
    43 KB · Views: 75

Latest posts

Back