• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Glad to be back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well,

I sold my 1973 Piper Challenger N55585 to FlyingMonkey a few years ago in search of something faster. I bought into a Cirrus SR20 in Atlanta but retired a year later and relocated to Williamsburg, Virginia. I found a nice 1977 Archer owned by a CFI and started flying it on a rental basis a few months ago. The owner has a growing family and wanted to upgrade to a Cherokee Six, so I bought it this week.. Nice airframe with just 2300 hours and 4 owners since new. The engine is a 600 hour Lycoming Reman and runs well. Equipped with a Garmin 430, 340, engine monitor and backup electric DG.. Nice leather interior.. Still seems a little slow to me, but maybe a McCauley Black Mac prop like my old challenger will speed it up a bit? In any case, I'm happy to be back in the Piper saddle again. Thanks to FlyGuyDon for his reassurance that the PA28 is still a solid airframe.. He is a tremendous resource for those on this site! Thank you Don. If I knew how to post pictures of N47838 I would do so, but I think it's a pretty nice airplane.

Latest posts

Back