• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

general value question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 19452

Reaction score
Give me your opinion of market value of a 1964 Cherokee 180. High market and low market value.

Now, I know this is a WAY open ended question. What I'm looking for is the general - "I wouldn't put more than "X amount of dollars" into a '64 Cherokee because you will never sell it" or "a flyable Cherokee 180 is worth "X" on the low end of the market if everything is generally ok even if it's old and dated" (assuming no wing spar issues or something like that).

If you want to give more a specific (ballpark) value lets use this subject aircraft:
'64 Cherokee 180
Paint good shape, looks nice and shines, no major issues, small chips here or there
all speed mods done (wing tips, gap seals, wing root etc.)
Reiff cylinder, battery and sump heater
interior, good shape but old and dated. nothing broken just 70's styling
2 private owners since new, no flight training or anything.
2300 hrs TTAF no corrosion no damage history complete logs all AD's complied with
avionics - basic. single Nav/com radio Kx155 with glide slope. standard 6 pack, KMA 20TSO audio panel, Garmin GTX 320 transponder, 4 place Flightcom 403 intercom, Uavionix skybeacon
just certified IFR in February

Engine - 1150 hrs SMOH. Plane has always been hangered. Lived it's whole life in the Midwest. The plane sat hangered for years without being flown, just annuals being performed. I now fly it regularly and do oil analysis. Numbers are clearing up but I don't really have expectation that this engine will go to TBO beacuse of sitting idle. I treat it like a run out engine. It passed annual in Nov. with no issues found. Bore scope of cylinders found nothing unusual. No metal found in the filter or screen. But lets assume run out engine.

So assuming the aircraft is as I said with no surprises, what would you say that plane is worth?

Latest posts

Back