• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

General Apache Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkeys07

Reaction score
Hi, we recently got an Apache online at our school and I had some questions about the plane. First, where is the static source? We believe it is one of the holes on the pitot tube but not 100%. A lady who owns a 170 and use to own an Apache said she thinks there use to be a stall warning horn and possibly static air source on the left wingtip but wasn't sure. Also ours doesn't have a stall warning horn, is this normal for these models?
Does anyone know of any places to get replacement door components? The door has come open three times on me so far and we currently have to bungee the handle down and get a strap between one of the seatbelts and the handle on top of the door in order to secure it. The top lock that comes out and inserts into the door frame, the wire that actuates it inside the door needs to be replaced, among other things.
Do you guys use carb heat on this model? I was told where the carburetor is located it isn't prone to carb ice so it isn't necessary since its heated from the engine, but just want to make sure before telling a student this and him telling the dpe.
Thanks for any help!

Latest posts

Back