• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Gear Up Check Valve

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For those of you with retracts using the Prestolite HYC5005 powerpacks. I have developed a replacement powerpack due to the 4000 dollar rebuild costs. I have also developed a replacement Gear Up Check Valve if your wheels will not stay up in the wells. I did this for Commander owners but the same parts work in the Pipers PA28R. There are several Pipers already flying with my powerpacks and Gear Up Check Valve installed. If you're having issues with your landing gear powerpack Visit AIRCRAFT PARTS.

The valves on the left are the Prestolite factory valves with soft seal that fail. The valve on the right is my design with hard seal.

Attachments

• 20220623_173223.jpg
    20220623_173223.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 0
  • New GUCV 3.jpg
    New GUCV 3.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back