• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Gear Unsafe Light-PA32RT-300T

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Turbo Lance has 5 lights that indicate (to some extent) what is going on with the landing gear. 3 green lights to indicate gear down & locked, a flashing yellow Iight to indicate that the gear override is activated and a red light that is called the “gear unsafe light”. My question is about the gear unsafe light. Does the hydraulic pump running, or not, have any bearing on the illumination of this red light or is it’s illumination controlled only by micro switches? For instance, when gear up is selected the pump runs moving the down locks off the micro switches & the red light is on. When the gear reaches full retraction each gear leg trips its “up” micro switch, the hydraulic pressure builds and the pressure switch turns off the pump….red light is out. Is it simply the 3 “up” switches turning off the red “gear unsafe light” or must the pressure switch stop the pump as well for the light to extinguish?
Maybe some off you understand the intricacies of the system better than I. Thanks for any comments. David

Latest posts

Back