• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

GDL 82 vs. GTX 345R vs. Lynx GTX-9000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewair

Reaction score
ADS-B

Right now I use a Stratux in/out feeding Foreflight.
Works great, no need to change except regulations.

While the gov "rebate" doesn't really entice me, the gov rebate PLUS the Lynx rebate of $500 made me think about this a bit more.

Also, I have a slight concern about getting closer to 2020 and either shop time or equipment availability getting tight.

I know what I want (Lynx).
But...
I also know that, I have a hand held to get my ADS-B in data if I go with the GDL 82.

Basically before "rebates", we're talking a difference of about a $5000 difference fully installed between the GDL 82 and the other two.

So, my question is:
1) Wait?
2) Is there something that I'm missing that makes spending $5000 more worth it?

Latest posts

Back