• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Gauging anyones interest in Garmin G5 HSI and G5 Artificial horizon new in boxes

2013grandsport

Reaction score
SO I bought a salvaged aircraft to part out at an auction only two find these two devices brand new in the box... You can imagine my shock. I already have them both installed in my aircraft otherwise I would use them. Anyway, once I am back in town with the whole setup, I will be looking to sell them. Figure I would rather make a fellow member on one of the forums a deal more so than someone on ebay or barn stormers.

I will say the HSI G5 has a GAD 29 B with it, which I will be keeping because of my upcoming autopilot installation, however I will be more than happy to include my standard GAD 29 with the kit, so you still have full use of it.

Thanks guys

I think I would be happy asking $4500 shipped or local pickup for both devices.
Alternatively Ill sell it without the GAD unit at all for $4000 shipped or local pickup

Last edited:

reb

Reaction score
Price seems high. I only paid $4,374 for 2 new G5s, GAD29B, GMU11 and the STC, all with warranty. The STC by itself costs $950.

arkvet

Reaction score
Not sure where you bought from Reb but I thought the G5’s (certified) were around $2250 each. The gmu11 $200. GAD-29b $499. Added up that $5200.

Correct me if I’m wrong but the STC is built into the price of each G5?

2013grandsport

Reaction score
STC comes with the units... spruce has the HSI for $2450 WITHOUT the GAD 29, and Artificial Horizon for $2150

So me selling the two units new in box with a GAD 29 for $4500, is not far off.

So REB somehow you got a deal, but not everyone has that connection I am guessing.

2013grandsport

Reaction score
Would have full Garmin warranty, and PMs have been responded to. Thanks guys

Latest posts