• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Gascolator Replacement?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sourdough44

Reaction score
Here' the deal. I have a small leak somewhere near the top of the 'gascolator', just inside the firewall of my Warrior. The fuel lines in & out look fine & dry. Is this component a gascolator only, and not any type of fuel pump? It has the sump drain angled out from the bottom of the bowl. There is a small line(primer supply?) out the top back toward the dash. The leak looks near the top but not at any fitting for a fuel line.

I need to get this small leak fixed. This looks like an original component on this 1974 aircraft. I see a guy can buy a new gascolator for about $220 from Aircraft Spruce & a few other sources. They say they fit right in the factory Piper brackets.

I'm away from home for a few days so I can't compare web pictures to whats on the aircraft. I was looking at the SA3-00 replacement. What do you think of getting a new one over trying to replace seals/gaskets in the original one? I'm not trying to throw $$ at this, but don't want to revisit the issue. I also could involve an A&P mechanic.

Latest posts

Back