• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Gascolator empty after annual

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
PA28-180 coming out of annual. Sumped fuel and the gascolator was empty (expected) since I’d opened it for annual (owner assisted). Post annual Engine run up was normal, good oil /fuel pressure. I checked the gascolator expecting it to fill the sump cup normally and it only dripped like it was empty.

Tried cracking the fuel line to the carb and got fuel out of the line but it doesn’t appear to have filled the gascolator cup?

I am waiting for the IA to come in Monday but wanted to ask those Piper folks more knowledgeable than me.

I’m assuming it’s a “bubble caused by the air in the gascolator when I put it back together.

What’s the fix here?

Latest posts

Back