• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Garmin Support Experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a GI-275 EIS with a GEA24 engine monitor installed. Overall, I'm happy with the display, but a few sensors were installed incorrectly.
For example, the CHT probes were installed in the fuel injector ports, and the manifold pressure sensor is mounted off a pipe attached directly to the engine case.
I got the shop to resolve the CHT probes, but they have not fixed the manifold pressure sensor issue, and I have not had much luck working with them since. They are quite busy with other installations. I have seen the same issues on other planes coming out of that shop.

So, these sensors basically don't work.

I can't get a response back from the shop that worked on the install.
And Garmin took weeks to respond, and is going through things like "is a snubber installed"

Does anyone here have experience working with garmin or garmin dealers during the warranty period?
It seems like these things should be covered under warranty, and they need to get resolved.

Latest posts

Back