• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Garmin Pilot AHRS Display - data sources?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been using Garmin Pilot with my GTX 375 and GI 275 Garmin panel avionics, and I'm very happy with the system except for one thing: In order to capture traffic and weather in addition to air data, both of these panel instruments must be paired with the iPad running Garmin Pilot. This means that I can't control which AHRS sensor is being displayed on the Garmin Pilot "Navigation" panel. I would greatly prefer to be able to select the internal AHRS within the GI 275 as the Garmin Pilot source. It seems to default to the GNX 375 built-in AHRS, which needs to be "leveled" manually once in a while. The GI 275 AHRS is rock-solid and only needed to be calibrated during install. Any idea how to set the preferred AHRS source in Garmin Pilot (or elsewhere?) If I disconnect the GNX 375's Bluetooth connection to the iPad, it shows the GI 275 AHRS, but then I don't have the backup AHRS available that's built in to the GNX 375. (There was a time before Garmin Pilot issued an update where the GI 275 AHRS showed up as a black screen on Garmin Pilot, so Garmin recommended connecting only to the GNX 375 then. When you do that, all of the data making it to Garmin Pilot is GPS-based, and not IAS or TAS.)

Any ideas?

Latest posts

Back