• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Garmin nomenclature

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vcollazo

Reaction score
In looking at the Garmin 430 install manual I came across terminology I'm not familiar with. For Connector P4001 analog outputs to the HSI they use the following to identify pin outputs: 21 Main+left, 22 Main+Right (2.5 V common), 23 Main Lateral+Flag, 24 Main Lateral-Flag (2.5V Common), 25 Main+TO, 26 Main+From (2.5V Common). I know these are the outputs for respectfully left and right course indicator output, Nav flag in view and out of view, and To/From indications. I am stumped by Main and the 2.5 volt common. Is the 2.5v a reference voltage that varies up and down depending on the condition? What does Main refer to? Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back