• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Garmin GTX327 transponder. Fresh yellow tag. $800 shipped

Unit74

Reaction score
Removed for GTX345 install. Yellow tagged from Tomlinson. Nice clean unit. Solid state, flight timer, countdown timer for holds or fuel tank switching.

Tray, transponder, connector and pins included.

$800 delivered. Will take PayPal gifts, check with clearing time or cash in person. Located in Conway, AR but travel to Little Rock daily.

image.jpg

Last edited:

arkvet

Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking how much is it setting you back for the GTX 345 + install. And where are you having it done ? You can send me a pm if you'd rather not post #'s.

My Saratoga is in the shop right now getting the JPI 830 installed. They're pre wiring for the GTX 345 but it's not on the current work order. I would have considered going ahead with the 345 but I'm not in that big of a hurry and I am waiting to see if anything better / less $ pops up over the next year or two.

Unit74

Reaction score
The 345 and FS210 is running me about $7200 installed at Tomlinsons Pine Bluff.

Out of state was a bit cheaper, but factor in total costs to and from the shop negated the savings. Tomlinsons has always done me right in the past and Jerry participates in the WINGs seminars too. He is a speaker at Searcy on the 14th. Free BBQ and door prizes...you in?

arkvet

Reaction score
Thanks. That's about what I figured. The Flightstream 210 makes that package (combined with a modern waas GPS ) and an iPad an absolute dream setup for us GA commoners.

I'll be working my day job coaching soccer for my 3 kids that Saturday. Does sound like fun. SRC is where I got my Toga.

Unit74

Reaction score
Once I get e plane dialed in, we should meet up. I'd like to pick your Brain on the nuances of these birds. I stepped up from the Archer and it feels like a tall order. My first empty fill up was $450 and I was like OMG! I just about fell over. My Archer with 50 gal was expensive. Double that just hurts in th soul.

arkvet

Reaction score
Once I get e plane dialed in, we should meet up. I'd like to pick your Brain on the nuances of these birds. I stepped up from the Archer and it feels like a tall order. My first empty fill up was $450 and I was like OMG! I just about fell over. My Archer with 50 gal was expensive. Double that just hurts in th soul.
LOL. I know what you mean. My first fill up was around $300 but I had always kept my 180 tanks mostly full so I was used to $100 fills.

Be happy to meet up sometime. IDK how much help I can be though. I've only got 50 or so hours on my FG Toga. I am loving the plane. So stable and the 300HP is a dream. Personally I find it easier to fly than the 180 which I thought was easy too. One fundamental thing I need to work on in this plane is short field work. I love the tapered wing in general but if you carry a little too much airspeed into the flare it'll float... forever. I got to where I could dang near drop and park my 180 in tiny spaces. Comes in real handy when you want a safe high approach to gastons and slip on in.

With the 180 (and I'm sure your Archer) you could fly the close to the #'s regardless of the payload. With the Saratoga there's such a large range in weights the #'s can shift 10+ knots depending on payload. I am sure your Lance is the same way.

ScottB

Reaction score
I will take it. Need to replace a very old KT-78. Please check your PM's

Orest @ CYFD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
... With the Saratoga there's such a large range in weights the #'s can shift 10+ knots depending on payload. I am sure your Lance is the same way.
It would be more than 20 knts. Need to always weight correct your Vref, and other VSpeeds.

* Orest

Latest posts