• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Garmin GNC300XL GPS SEQ Fault

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N2897M

Reaction score
I am trying to work an appointment with an avionics shop to address a problem I am experiencing, but getting small jobs on the schedule is not easy these days.

I have a recently Garmin-overhauled GNC300XL with the remote switches (MSG/WPT, GPS APR (ARM/ACT) and GPS SEQ (AUT/HLD). Even though the GPS SEQ is set to AUTo, the GNC 300XL is sensing a fluctuating AUT/HLD input as evidenced on the test page (the AUT annunciation remains steady though). Of course, in flight, the GPS will keep reminding the pilot to switch to AUT sequence even the switch is showing AUT is selected - renders approaches impossible.

It seems to only occur when the engine is running which perhaps points to a loose connection from the GPS SEQ switch at the GNC300XL. From the attached schematic it appears as though pin 13 on the J102 connector may be suspect.

Appreciate any thoughts! Thanks.

Attachments

• AUT Error.jpg
    AUT Error.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 6
  • Connector.jpg
    Connector.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back