• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Garmin G5 Pitot Static Connectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am upgrading my Cherokee 140 with dual Garmin G5s and during the install replace the Pitot/Static lines.

My question is what type of pneumatic tubing and connectors to use. The Garmin G5 Installation manual states “Use appropriate tubing and fittings to connect the pitot and static lines to the unit.” which means what?

In past I would use standard Poly-Flo tubing with brass compression fittings but reading different forums some installers are switching to a push lock type connector with a more flexible Nylon tubing.
517H2GDSP5L._SL1000_.jpg

I do not want to take the aircraft in for the FAA 91.411 check and spend another couple hundred to have the shop chasing down leaks.

Any recommendation or guidance would be helpful.

Latest posts

Back